A red ball is thrown down with an initial speed of 1.1 m/s from a height of 28 meters above the ground. Then, 0.5 seconds after the red ball is thrown, a blue ball is thrown upward with an initial speed of 25.3 m/s, from a height of 0.8 meters above the ground. The force of gravity due to the earth results in the balls each having a constant downward acceleration of 9.81 m/s2.
- What is the speed of the red ball right before it hits the ground?
- How long does it take the red ball to reach the ground?
- What is the maximum height the blue ball reaches?
- What is the height of the blue ball 1.9 seconds after the red ball is thrown?
- How long after the red ball is thrown are the two balls in the air at the same height?